Em is officially 5 months old today! I know people say all the time that they can't believe how fast the time goes with their babies... but for real, how is she going to be 6 months in a month? I think there is something with having a baby in the late summer that makes it go by so fast! You run right into all the holidays, and then all of a sudden they're over and your baby is all... big. It's cray. Next time I'm having a baby in January.
Em had her 4 month check up two weeks ago, and our family doctor gave her a 100%. She has grown so much! I can't give you exact numbers because the website that has all her medical info isn't working right now, but she's in the 88% for pretty much everything. This month we will head to the hospital to check in with neurology for the first time. Nothing major, they just haven't seen her yet, and just want to evaluate her real quick to make sure everything is good to go on their end.
Em started laughing last week, and it's the best. They usually happen right before bedtime when she is tired. We'll play peek-a-boo with her, and she just busts out these huge belly laughs. When it first happened a few nights ago, I just welled up with tears. All the stress, fear, worries, and doctor visits seemed to just melt away for a few minutes as we sat and played with this amazing baby. Those laughs just seemed to make everything we went through worth it.
The best parts of my day are those small moments when the house is quiet and I just sit in my rocker holding Em. As I hold her close to me and feel her sweet warmth, and smell her baby smell, heaven just feels so close. Everything just feels right with the world. I just love this little girl so much, and I'm so humbled that she is a part of our family. I usually feel so undeserving of such a sweet baby, but am so grateful every single day that she is ours.
Things to Know About Em at 5 months:
- She eats about 26oz of formula a day
- She wears 3-6 month clothes
- She's in size 3 diapers
- She eats a couple bites of baby food a day
- She's tried carrots, peas, and oatmeal
- She can sit in the Bumbo for longer periods of time
- She is tolerating tummy time a lot more
- Her hair is growing back. She mostly has a lot of thick, short hair, and then about 3 long wispy strands on the top.
- She's starting to hold toys, and grab for toys a little bit
- I've gotten two full nights of sleep since last month (hooray!)