I'm a huge fan of the Pioneer Woman. Before I moved to Utah for college I lived with one of my friend's family and she was a normal household name. They would cook her recipes, talk about her blog, and for a while I smiled and nodded and pretended like I knew what they were talking about. Fast forward a couple years later when I got married and my friend's mom gifted me The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes From an Accidental Country Girl. I spent the next two years cooking every recipe in that book while adding some pounds to a scrawny husband along the way.
Since then I've become a long time follower of her blog. A stalker on her Instagram. I drove two and a half hours and waited four hours in line to meet her at a book signing in Charlotte. And finally, I spent many of my Saturday mornings snuggled up with my babies watching her on The Food Network. She's just one of those people I look up to. She's kind, faithful, a strong woman and mother, a teacher and nurturer. She just seems to have a lot of qualities that I hope to cultivate, and I think the world could use a few more amazing people like her in the public eye. All that being said, here are 10 reasons why Ree Drummond and I should be best friends:
Necklace: c/o Happiness Boutique
Shoes: c/o Mox Shoes
1. Her oldest daughter's name is Alex, and my older brother is Alex. Her younger daughter's name is Paige, and my name is Paige. I mean, that right there is everything.
2. She has Basset Hounds, and I've been begging Derek for a Basset Hound through four years of marriage.
3. Her sense of style is killer. When I saw this shirt at Marshall's this week, it reminded me of her and I needed it in my life ASAP. It's the first shirt like this that I own, but now that I have one, I see why she loves them so much!
4. I think it's safe to say we have a mutual love for butter. Because yes, butter makes it better.
5. She lives in the country on a boatload of land, which I currently don't do in the heart of Atlanta, but one day we won't have neighbors within a mile radius of us, and that will be glorious. Also, I've ridden an elephant at the circus before, which is kind of like riding a horse, so I can totally be a farm girl..
6. Have you tried her Knock You Naked Brownies? They're a total crowd pleaser in this house, and the name speaks for itself.
7. Her hair. Have you seen her hair? Now I realize that we don't have the same hair or anything, but if we were best friends, she would show me how to get my hair to be glorious perfection on a daily basis, because that's what best friends do.
8. She has a TV show and I've... been on TV. That's like the same thing right? (PS. I'm going to be on Fox 48 in Charlotte on Saturday, September 5th at 7am, so tune in!)