I'm so glad that so many people liked last weeks menu plan and grocery haul blog post! It definitely gives me the right encouragement to do more of those posts and keep this content going for you guys! This week was a little insane. We fed three different sets of missionaries this week which meant I couldn't back out of the menu plan and I had to cook. I love that though. Being forced to cook what you've already bought and make meals for your families and those you love? It's really amazing. Here are the five meals we made this week, and don't forget to check out the grocery haul video at the bottom of the post.
1. Chicken Pot Pie Soup: This is another Gimme Some Oven meal. We've made several of her recipes now, and they always turn out great. She's definitely turning into a credible source for recipes in our house. This was actually the second time we've made this soup, and both times I made it without the chicken and mushrooms, and just did the veggies and potatoes and we didn't miss it one bit. It's super flavorful and hearty.
2. Ham and Cheese Roll Ups: We made these Ham and Cheese Roll ups from Kevin and Amanda on Tuesday night. The recipe calls for refrigerated pizza dough, but Aldi didn't have any, so I made some bread dough and rolled them up like cinnamon rolls and they were super delicious. We served them with a side of frozen green beans.
3. Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon: Sheet pan recipes are all over the internet right now. The idea is throwing all your meet and veggies in one pan, baking them in the oven and having a quick and easy meal. This entire meal only took about 5 minutes for the prep work, and then 10 in the oven. It was super flavorful, and we served it with a side of rice.
4. Homemade Pizza: No real recipe for this. Bought a pre-made crust at the store, there was a sauce packet in the package, sprinkled on some mozzarella and Parmesan, and some black olives and pepperonis, baked in the oven for 10 minutes and we were good to go.
5. Shepard's Pie: We haven't made this in ages, and it's a Pioneer woman recipe, so we all know it's going to be delicious.