Now that I've already busted out my first pumpkin recipe of the season, it was only a matter of time before I busted out the first fall DIY right? These little Halloween treat bags are super cute, and will be so fun to give out to classmates, trick-or-treaters, playgroups, etc... this fall. I just love Halloween and the fall so any excuse to make or cook something seasonal is a win in my book.
When I was at the craft store this last week I saw these little bat foam sticker kits and knew they would be perfect for this project. They made the entire thing super easy because all I had to do was put the stickers on the bat as shown in the picture and then stick the bat to my paper that I sized down to the same size as my snack bags. Totally fool proof which is exactly the kind of project I'm into.
I filled the snack bags with some BOOMCHICKAPOP popcorn that I found at Publix this week. It's the perfect treat because it tastes amazing, and there are no fake ingredients. I love when I can look at the package of something and see that there are only 4 ingredients, and that I know how to pronounce all of them. I totally want to be the mom that gives out healthier treats at Halloween because we all know someone has to be that mom, and sometimes it's nice to get something that's a little better for you among the massive sack filled with chocolate bars. Derek tells me that this will make me the most hated house in the neighborhood, but it's a title I'm willing to wear proudly. Our neighbors down the street give me dirty looks every night when I go running anyways...
Right now BOOMCHICKAPOP is running a giveaway. Share a photo of your BOOMCHICKAPOP on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter using #BringTheBoom for a chance to win a $50 Target gift card, a Halloween Kit complete with Halloween necessities or, multi-packs of BOOMCHICKAPOP.
I'm also self-hosting a $30 Paypal cash giveaway! Enter using the rafflecopter below. Giveaway runs through 10/04/15 at 11:59pm. Winner will be notified via email and will have 24 hours to claim their prize before another winner is chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
2 colors of cardstock
6 snack size sealable baggies
Creatology Halloween Foam Activity Kit (not online but in stores at Michael's)
1. Trace a snack size sandwich baggie on a piece of cardstock
2. Measure the height and cut it in half. My bags were 4in tall so I made the paper strips 2in tall.
3. Cut out 6 strips, 3 of each color.
4. Peel the stickers off the back of the pieces and then stick them to the bat according to the picture on the package.
5. Once all the stickers are on the bat, peel the paper off of the back of the bat and adhere it to the center of one of your paper strips.
6. Staple you paper strip to the front of your snack bag. Place one staple on each side so that you can still open the bag and eat the popcorn.